Saturday 12 June 2010

What news have ye?




Hello again friends, isn't it ironic that when there's a lot going on you have no time to blog, yet blogging is all about what's going on :) So where to begin, firstly I have had a run of bad luck with my health recently, but you will be pleased to hear I am all better now. It all began last weekend when I sprained my ankle on my regular weekend hike. Can you believe it an injury like that, and just days before the world cup! its always the way. So after staying off the foot for a few days, (much easier for dogs, I just carry it around ) by Wednesday it was better.

Friday was the day of the mysterious cough, Friday morning started much as it does, got up, wandered round, did the usual, then suddenly for no reason started choking, I hadn't eaten anything, I hadn't even been out for a wee yet. It got worse and worse until I vomited, and kept vomiting, it was running out of my nose and mouth and I couldn't breath. My owner lifted me up in desperation and performed the heimlick maneuver, which helped briefly. I was fine for a few minutes then started vomiting again. Anyway after about an hour it was all calm again, and I was under observation for 24 hours to make sure I didn't need an emergency vet appointment, and as of today I am back to full health. So a mystery in history, and suggestions on a postcard please.

Today I went for my usual walk around Roslin glen past the famous Roslin chapel ( from the Davinci Code)
Apparently there is a standing joke going round that I pee like a girl! I what? Apparently boy dogs don't squat, I have been told by the 'human beings' (what would they know) that I am supposed to pee whilst standing on three legs. I am just not getting it. On all the walks we have been on, can you believe I have never seen a boy dog pee, so I'm trying to look out for one in the hope of getting some guidance. The way I see it it's a bit like a single mum having a small boy and trying to teach him to use a urinal, you can't go in the men's toilets and show him, you just have to try and explain. Well let me tell you this, if I told you you had to pee in a urinal whilst holding one leg up in the air would you try it in public, at the side of the road with other people (dogs) watching you? I don't think so!
So that's been my week, allegiances in the house are split over the world cup so I'm staying unbiased- come on Russia he he (Grozny)
Well folks catch you soon- if your wondering, the pic at the top was taken at the 'Original' pub on our walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment