Thursday 21 December 2017

Whitchester Lodge Duns- revooow


As many of you know,from time to time we take a holiday to cottages around Scotland and I always take the time to review them.
This time we came to Whitchester Lodge in the Scottish borders near the town of Duns. As I'm a dog I always review dog friendly features and have a paw rating system out of four paws.


This cottage had facilities in spades! Really sweet cottage with lovely furnishings, it has an excellently enclosed garden of a good size, perfect for a throw and fetch session. It has a large and warm  boot room to come in to and dog washing facilities outside in the greenhouse.

 Backing straight on to the end of the garden is a huge paddock, perfect for frisbee and at the bottom is a wee river/stream which I might have ventured in to had it not been the depth of winter.
It's a perfect picnic spot in the summer I would think.


Walkies galore around the area with part of the southern upland way just across the road and along that way some interesting ruins to investigate and sniff round.

Inside the house it had hard wood and tiled floors but not slippy under paws which is good. I have encountered that before in holiday cottages where I walk around like it's a skating rink, but non of that here.

Im a fussy dog when it comes to going on holiday, I don't like being isolated from the pack. Andrea (the owner) emailed to say I could rest and sleep in the living room as long as the furniture was adequately covered with blankets etc which was absolutely fab.

A great log burner in the living room was soo cosy in the evenings and just what you need when you get back from a long walk. Dog dishes are provided as well as poo pick up bags (very important).

I loved being able to wander out the door anytime and not need a lead on, I felt I was wild and it was super!!


In the guest book, previous visitors documented ghostly goings on, but nothing had my fur tingling and I slept like a hibernating bear.


Xmas tree was up and beautifully decorated when we arrived and cake provided as well, couldn't ask for more!
4/4 paws.


No comments:

Post a Comment