Saturday 28 September 2013

Birthday Road Trip

So another year passes and the big 4 arrives, I can't believe where the time has gone.
The morning started early, we were on the road by 9:30am heading towards Crichton Castle. The forecast was for sunny spells and showers but in fact the weather couldn't have been more perfect. Autumn sun shining on colouring leaves and I might venture to say that with a slightly brisk walk it could even be considered a warm day.
We parked up and read the notices, there was no information pertaining to the banning of dogs, always a good sign,  better still nothing to say I have to be on lead either, bonus.
Looking at the track ahead and the rolling hills of long grass it was a gun dog's dream location. I bounced high over, in and out of the tall grass; small seeds clinging to my fur making me look less than glamorous. At the top of the short walk we were not disappointed by the stunning views and enormous castle. It was positively picnic weather at the top but we had left the supplies in the car. So after a run around and some photographs we headed back. 

Just before leaving, a wedding party started to arrive to the church we were parked next to. What a perfect day and location for the happy couple who had opted to have their photographs taken near the castle.







Upon arriving home there was more birthday treats in store. My good friend Nico had come round to play. I was a little cautious at first as I ventured into my house sniffing the air of foreign dog smells. However, I soon identified the culprit and was excited to be spending an afternoon chasing round the garden together.

Thank you to everyone on Facebook for my Happy Birthday messages, I have had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment